Leadership development refers to activities that improve the skills, abilities and confidence of leaders. Moreover, Leadership development can be also seen as self-development. Until now, we have seen that leaders have followers, who rely on them. For that reason, becoming a leader, is first an inner quest, you have to question yourself who you are. Learning to lead, is about discovering what one values. In order to do that most effectively you should have a leadership development plan.
Watch the video about How to create an effective leadership development plan, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCvJBlENQo and make sure that you concentrate on:
– your strengths you can build on (gathered from previous experiences)
– skills you will need for your present role (while establishing your own enterprise and team)
– consider the work priorities for the near future (think maybe in one-year time)
– skills you will need for your future role (reflect on your long-term goals)
– skills you will develop in the upcoming year (set short term goals, specific learning objectives)
– consider how you will develop these identified skills
– consider the resources you will need in order to achieve the above (what would be the costs involved for this skills development process)
– how will you apply these newly acquired skills (try to be specific related to how will you benefit of the skills you have developed)
Reflect on the above and try to work out how you could become more effective in your newly started business. Put everything on paper as you can go back to it whenever you feel like it and follow it throughout the time you have allocated yourself for improving your skills.